Monthly Archives: June 2014

PRITCHETT: UNEMPLOYMENT NUMBERS AND OVERCOMING THEM

???????BY: Philip Pritchett

The unemployment rate continues to fluctuate. In this ABC News’ report, unemployment rates fell in 20 states during the month of May and there appear to be opportunities for those willing to put forth the effort to find them.

Though for those who are unemployed or trying to find new employment opportunities, it might not seem like it, but May was the fourth straight month of nationwide increases in hiring in the United States, however, individually many states continue to see an increase in the number of unemployment applications.  Applications for unemployment benefits increased in 32% of the United States (16) in May, and remained unchanged in another 28% (14).  That’s a combined 60% (30) of the United States still experiencing a major crisis on the job front.

According to the Washington Post, most of the states that are experiencing an increase in unemployment applications are due to layoffs, in a wide variety of fields.  Remember, none of these statistics include those who have given up seeking employment entirely. In states like California, Pennsylvania, Texas, New Jersey, Massachusetts, and Florida, they continue to see unemployment numbers on the rise despite reports of a ‘national increase.’

If you experiencing your own employment crisis, have you done all you can to give yourself your best shot at the few positions that are available right now?

In business since 1996, a recruiting firm like CrossroadsConsulting.com offer a wide variety of services that can help you advance forward and find that new opportunity. For example, is your resume professional? By that, is it 2 pages or less? Are there grammatical and/or spelling errors? Is it formatted where things are easy to identify or do people need to really study your resume to get out of it what you were hoping they would?  Perhaps you need affordable Resume Preparation or even a professional opinion to help you with your upcoming job interview, or maybe some advice to assist in you in negotiating a reasonable pay rate.

Remember that recruiting firms that have been around for any serious length of time will have a strong network of relationships with companies throughout the United States, who quite often, know about unadvertised, or open positions that the general public are unaware of.

Should you wish to reach out to Crossroads Consulting, you can do so at Info@crossroadsconsulting.com.

PRITCHETT: VETERANS NEEDING JOBS

Casey PritchettBY: Philip Pritchett

While the jobs crisis in the United States seems to ever so slowly rebound, according to an article in the Chicago Tribune, our nations’ veterans somehow are finding themselves at a disadvantage to non-veterans when seeking employment.  Coming from a highly structured world would seem to be an advantage for veterans looking for employment, but it is not.  The world we live in is much less structured than the world these veterans found themselves in during their service.

“It’s a very sticky problem we’ve seen year after year here, especially for young veterans,” said Erica Borggren, director of the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs.  “They’re coming back to an incredibly competitive environment where employers tend to stick with what they know instead of take a bet on military members who have incredible value,” said Bridget Altenburg, COO of the veterans’ advocacy group National Able Network.  Altenburg explains, “It’s possible that veterans who joined the service after high school have never written a resume or interviewed for a job.”

In many cases, the training these veterans receive during their time of service is often overlooked, and unrecognized by today’s job market  The ability to translate these skills can be a huge asset in their attempt to find suitable employment.

Fortunately, an employment agency like Crossroads Consulting is available to help, “put the ‘human’ back into ‘human resources.’”   One of the world’s most unique Executive Recruiting agencies, Crossroads Consulting has a goal of contributing to the decrease in the unemployment rate – especially among the nations’ veterans – in whatever way they can.  With over 50 job opportunities currently available, (see them all here) they have something for just about everyone.  Need help writing your resume, or preparing for that big interview, Crossroads Consulting has that covered for you too… (Sign up for it here)

   Whether you’re unemployed or just unsatisfied with your current employer, Crossroads Consulting can help.  They have all the connections needed to help you land your dream job.  The quest to find a rewarding career can be a lonely one.  Shouldn’t you have an expert on your side?  Send your resume, TODAY to info@crossroadsconsulting.com, or give them a call at (203) 459-9969; you’ll be glad you did!

Enhanced by Zemanta